I made a video about a month ago for the LDRS Creative YouTube channel using the Floral Mosaic A2 Cover Plate as a stencil. I used the "negative" portion for that card and today I'm showing how I used the actual die cut panel! You can find that video HERE if you want to watch! I die cut the Floral Mosaic A2 Cover Plate Die from white cardstock and added a bit of masking tape around the stitched edging and blended Alloy and Pink Tutu Hybrid Inks over the die-cut.
Now take a deep breath and chop that ink blended Floral Mosaic A2 Cover Plate die-cut piece in half! I know, I know - it's panic inducing! But worth it in the end! I cut my panel on a diagonal, but you could make a straight horizontal cut for a different look! Let's make the two pieces into shakers! I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the die-cut and trimmed away the excess. There are three edges with enough space to add foam tape, so to create a full shaker I added a thin piece of cardstock to the diagonal cut edge so that all four sides of my shaker have a distinct border.
I added thin strips of foam tape around all four sides of the shaker to create a "well" for my sequins and filled up the shaker with a confetti mix from my stash. I cut a piece of yellow patterned paper from the Pastel Patterns 6x6 Paper Pack to be the size of a card front and used it to seal up the shaker.
You could use two different patterns from the Pastel Patterns Paper Pack, but I decided to use two of the same pattern because it went well with both pieces of the die-cut shaker ... and it's my favorite pattern, too!
I decided to finish off both cards with a simple sentiment. I stamped "hugs" from the Pelargonium Stamp Set and "thanks" from the Lily Stamp Set with Raven Hybrid Ink and cut them out with the coordinating Pelargonium Die Set and Lily Die Set. I stamped coordinating sentiments and cut them into strips and added them onto the cards with foam tape.