Here's a quick peek at both of the cards together. Both are very similar, just different color combos! First I started by stamping my monster images in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped a few of the extra eyeballs from the stamp set. I used Spectrum Noir markers to color them in. This was my first time filming myself coloring, so let me know if there's anything you'd like to see differently. I tried to place the caps in the left corner of my mat so you could see the colors I used, but I realized I wasn't zoomed in enough to make a difference, so they are in white text on the left side of the video screen.
Okay, so let's start with coloring the pink monster. I used FS6, PP1, and PP3. I started by laying down a base of FS6 and then used PP3 to add shading where I thought things would be darkest. Basically, I followed the rule that if something is under something, it will be darker. So I colored along the flower, since her head would be under it, under her eyes, and at the bottom of her body. Then I used PP1 to blend out my darkest color and added more FS6 over the whole body. I did the same exact thing for my yellow monster, except I used CT2, CT3, and CT4.
I wanted to color in the eyes just a bit, so I used my lightest gray, IG1, and the colorless blender. I put a bit of color onto the top and bottom of the eye and then blended out the color using the blender pen. This took away a bit of the pigment and softened the edges. Then I could go back and add some color to make the monsters have green and blue eyes. I let my blender and gray colors dry and then just added color around the black part of each little eyeball.
My papers are from the Lucky in Love collection from Echo Park and Allison Kreft. I cut my background pieces to be 1/8 " smaller than my card base. The text paper is cut 2 " wide. I adhered the papers together and then arranged the monster and eyeballs where I wanted them to be. I used a black pen to draw lines connecting the eyeballs behind the monster. I wanted them to be like extra monster eyes!
I stamped the sentiments "be mine" and "xoxo" in Tuxedo Black ink onto scrap white cardstock. I used Milo's ABCs from Lawn Fawn to form the words. I trimmed out the pieces and cut the ends at an angle.
I wanted a little more .... something to the card, so I took some silver thread and looped it around my fingers a few times, pinched it in the middle and held it in place with a glue dot. I stuck it down onto my cards and popped up the monsters with foam squares.
I thought that the blue card was lacking some Valentine's Day oomph, so I stuck on some puffy hearts from K&Company. I picked these up at Target and I love them! There's different colors and sizes to the hearts, so they're perfect for any project. I thought I'd continue the heart theme and add some hearts to my pink card as well.
I finished off the inside of the cards with a strip of matching patterned papers and a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment.
Here's the video!
I hope you enjoy these cards! I have more Valentine's coming soon, so I'll see you next time!
Post a Comment